Intellectual Property Creators
Patent Enforcement and Public Policy for Inventors
of Paul Heckel and Peter Theis before the House Judiciary Subcommittee on the Courts, the
Internet and Intellectual Property
Court rules unanimously for inventors in Festo
Brandeis -- An IPC mission to spotlight injustice to independent inventors
by establishment institutions
---Sunlight is the best
disinfectant,-- Justice Louis Brandeis
Launches Operation Brandeis to spotlight injustice to independent
inventors by establishment institutions.
3: Judge Whyte rules against Theis in troubling decision.
30: IPC writes letter to Judge Whyte protesting bias in Model Patent Jury
30: IPC Festo Brief filed with U.S. Supreme Court
Supreme Court takes Festo-- major Doctrine of Equivalents case
9 IPC files Amicus Brief supporting certiorari in Festo.
Festo Documents here
letter to President Bush informs the former F-102 pilot that Festo
would have made Wright Brother's patent worthless, suggests actions he could
take to help inventors, and includes plaques quoting inventors whose busts
he has in the oval office.
renominates its last years nominees to the Patent Advisory Committee
Circuit guts Doctrine of Equivalents. IPC to file Amicus Brief with Supreme Court
Corporate Money and the Presidential Debates and a Pat Oliphant Cartoon
Eighth Circuit in
Anastasoff rules non-precedential decisions unconstitutional.
Why this is important to inventors
Advisory Committee member Responds to Letter to Commerce Secretary
following IPC ad ran Washington
Post Ad on Page A2, August 24, 2000:
IPC asks Mineta to rescind Patent
Advisory Committee appointments as illegal. Copies all appointees,
Gore, Lieberman, Bush, Daley and McCain, Nader and others.
Advisory Committee Appointments are a Disaster for Inventors. Urgent:
Commerce Hearings of Mineta Nomination on Thursday, July 20.
FOIA Request for Nominations to the Patent Advisory Committee Denied. IPC
IPC nominates William
Nordhaus, Economist to Patent Advisory Committee
Supreme Court Denies Wang v. Winner Cert petition.
Circuit in Wang v. Winner Guts Zurko. IPC submits Amicus Brief asking the U.S. Supreme Court
Inventor Reiffin sues Microsoft and
Microsoft's lawyer for antitrust conspiracy.
IPC makes Nominations for Patent Advisory
Committee. Commerce Secretary's nominations crucial to patent system.
IPC Runs Full Page ad in South Carolina Presidential Primary
Legal Malpractice and
conflict of interest against inventors--Action alert on Theis v. Brown and Bain
Congress passed the anti-inventor patent reform bill on Nov. 19
Gov. Cayetano rallies fellow governors to stop HR 1907
Supreme Court Victory in important inventor case: in re Zurko
(IPC Filed Amicus Brief in Zurko)
Other IPC Information
- New and Important
- Patent and other inventor public policy issues.
- Patent enforcement.
- Collecting and developing information of interest to
- Information on Intellectual Property Creators
IPC has three primary interests:
IPC formulates and disseminates a seasoned inventors perspective on public policy
- Upcoming Inventors Bill - your
- IPC files two Amicus brief with Supreme Court
- Proposed patent legislation in
- Text of Agreements between Ron Brown and Bruce
Lehman and Japan
- Forces underlying attempts to change the patent system
- Scheduled 105th Congress Hearings
on patent issues
- Articles and Congressional
Testimony on proposed changes to the patent system
- Funding of the Patent Office
- Maintenance Fees
IPC provides a clearinghouse of information and helps network inventors who deal with
patent enforcement. Many IPC members have had to enforce their patents through litigation
and so are experienced in the realities of obtaining strong patents and enforcing them.
- Background information on patent enforcement
- Large awards in patent infringement lawsuits.
- Recent CAFC and other patent decisions of interest to
- For information on firms that fund patent litigation
- Information on patent insurance firms.
- Information on patent arbitration and mediation
- Information on contingency fee litigation
- Information on fee for service legal representation
- Inventor Horror Stories